MARGARET STREET, FORMER FARRALINE PARK SCHOOL (Ref:35311)
This building is in the Highland Council and the
It is a category A building and was listed on 15/06/1981.
Group Items: N/A,
Group Cat: N/A,
Map Ref: NH 066 045.
William Robertson, 1839-41. Greek Doric; ashlar, channelled base, 1-storey in height of 2, centre hexastyle portico and pediment; 4-bay wings, coupled angle pilasters, architraved and corniced windows with marked entasis; at ends, recessed entrance porches, coupled angle pilasters and full entablature, architraved and pedimented doorpieces. Undistinguished additions at rear.
Built as Dr Bell's School.
Andrew Grant, AN INVERNESS SCHOOL (1937), p15;
George Cameron, A HISTORY AND DESCRIPTION OF THE TOWN OF INVERNESS, p72;
Alexander Mackenzie, GUIDE TO INVERNESS, p 40;
INVERNESS COURIER, Oct 2, 1839.
© Crown copyright, Historic Scotland. All rights reserved. Mapping information derived from Ordnance Survey digital mapping products under Licence No. 100017509 2012 . Data extracted from Scottish Ministers' Statutory List on . Listing applies equally to the whole building or structure at the address set out in bold at the top of the list entry. This includes both the exterior and the interior, whether or not they are mentioned in the 'Information Supplementary to the Statutory List'. Listed building consent is required for all internal and external works affecting the character of the building. The local planning authority is responsible for determining where listed building consent will be required and can also advise on issues of extent or "curtilage" of the listing, which may cover items remote from the main subject of the listing such as boundary walls, gates, gatepiers, ancillary buildings etc. or interior fixtures. All category C(S) listings were revised to category C on 3rd September 2012. This was a non-statutory change. All enquiries relating to proposed works to a listed building or its setting should be addressed to the local planning authority in the first instance. All other enquiries should be addressed to: Listing & Designed Landscapes Team, Historic Scotland, Room G.51, Longmore House, Salisbury Place, EDINBURGH, EH9 1SH. Tel: +44 (0)131 668 8701 / 8705. Fax: +44 (0)131 668 8765. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/historicandlistedbuildings.