6-19 (INCLUSIVE NO) WOODSIDE CRESCENT (Ref:32268)
This building is in the Glasgow, City Of Council and the
It is a category A building and was listed on 15/12/1970.
Group Items: N/A,
Group Cat: N/A,
Map Ref: NS 5970 6617.
George Smith, architect, 1831. Classical curved terrace, truncated at S, adjoining Woodside Terrace at N 3-bay elevation to each house; 2 storeys, attics, basement and sub-basement at rear. Polished ashlar, stonecleaned or painted ground floor, channelled with bold voussoirs over openings, except at Nos 14 and 15. Shallow advanced 6-bay pavilions. 3-storey at Nos 8 and 9; 2 storeys at Nos 14 and 15. Steps oversailing basement to recessed tripartite doors with fanlights and sidelight. 2-storey pavilion: paired Greek Doric porches with carved frieze and balcony over; ground floor windows architraved and aproned. All upper windows architraved. 3-storey pavilion with bracketted windows: 2 corniced and 4 pedimented at 1st floor. Ashlar brackets support full-width decorative cast-iron balcony. Sash windows plate-glass or 4-pane glazing. Band course between floors; eaves course; cornice; deep plain parapet at pavilions; otherwise roof balustrade with dormers behind. Octagonal flues below ridge, plain above; slate roofs. Cast-iron railings to basement and steps. No 13 copper door lettering and good basement and steps. No 13 copper door lettering and good leaded glass fanlight. Rear elevation: Nos 6 and 7 with Tudor details. Near full-height canted bay window with crenellated parapet to No 6. At No 7 full-height square bay window on square pillars rises from basement. At No 19 free-standing laundry; Robert Thomson, architect, 1899. Single storey polished ashlar building with piended roof. 5-bay elevation; advanced centre 3-bays with tall transomed windows breaking through eaves with heavy cornice and parapet. Right bay originally door, now window; left bay, window mullion removed.
Formerly Britannia Place. Part of Woodlands Hill A
Upgraded B to A 20.5.86.
Gomme and Walker 1968; pp.92, 245 Plan of laundry at No
19 in SR Archives; D of G 1/6676/
© Crown copyright, Historic Scotland. All rights reserved. Mapping information derived from Ordnance Survey digital mapping products under Licence No. 100017509 2012 . Data extracted from Scottish Ministers' Statutory List on . Listing applies equally to the whole building or structure at the address set out in bold at the top of the list entry. This includes both the exterior and the interior, whether or not they are mentioned in the 'Information Supplementary to the Statutory List'. Listed building consent is required for all internal and external works affecting the character of the building. The local planning authority is responsible for determining where listed building consent will be required and can also advise on issues of extent or "curtilage" of the listing, which may cover items remote from the main subject of the listing such as boundary walls, gates, gatepiers, ancillary buildings etc. or interior fixtures. All category C(S) listings were revised to category C on 3rd September 2012. This was a non-statutory change. All enquiries relating to proposed works to a listed building or its setting should be addressed to the local planning authority in the first instance. All other enquiries should be addressed to: Listing & Designed Landscapes Team, Historic Scotland, Room G.51, Longmore House, Salisbury Place, EDINBURGH, EH9 1SH. Tel: +44 (0)131 668 8701 / 8705. Fax: +44 (0)131 668 8765. e-mail: email@example.com. Web: http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/historicandlistedbuildings.