LOGIE HOUSE (Ref:2191)
This building is in the Moray Council and the
It is a category B building and was listed on 26/01/1971.
Group Items: N/A,
Group Cat: N/A,
Map Ref: NJ 006 508.
Mid-later 18th century mansion, with substantial mid 19th
century additions, further alterations and additions in
1970's and 80's. White harled Scottish Baronial mansion with
tooled ashlar margins and dressings. Mainly 2 and 3 storeys,
with long elevations E and W, site sloping steeply to W. Off-
centre entrance in E fronted by porte-cochere (dated 1925).
Double gabled S return elevation with 2 canted windows rising
from raised basement to raised ground floor (lighting drawing
and morning rooms). Large tripartite and bipartite windows
in W garden front.
Angle bartizans at SW and NE; continuous string course links
cills of 1st floor windows in W elevation, all breaking
wallhead under gablets.
Multi-pane glazing; coped and margined ridge and wallhead
stacks; crowstepped gables; slate roofs.
INTERIOR: mid-19th century wooden staircase with barley-sugar
twist balusters; some plaster decoration to stairwell
Panelled library with modillion cornice.
Panelled dining room with corniced overdoors, dado, fluted
Ionic plasters and carved chimneypiece with flanking engaged
fluted Ionic coluns.
Originally the property of Cummings of Logie.
Lachlan Shaw, THE HISTORY OF THE PROVINCE OF MORAY, (1st ed
1775), p. 132. W Leslie, REVIEW OF AGRICULTURE OF COUNTIES OF
NAIRN AND MORAY (1813), p. 54.
NEW STATISTICAL ACCOUNT xiii (1842), p. 186. J and W Watson,
MORAYSHIRE DESCRIBED (1868), pp. 106-7.
© Crown copyright, Historic Scotland. All rights reserved. Mapping information derived from Ordnance Survey digital mapping products under Licence No. 100017509 2012 . Data extracted from Scottish Ministers' Statutory List on . Listing applies equally to the whole building or structure at the address set out in bold at the top of the list entry. This includes both the exterior and the interior, whether or not they are mentioned in the 'Information Supplementary to the Statutory List'. Listed building consent is required for all internal and external works affecting the character of the building. The local planning authority is responsible for determining where listed building consent will be required and can also advise on issues of extent or "curtilage" of the listing, which may cover items remote from the main subject of the listing such as boundary walls, gates, gatepiers, ancillary buildings etc. or interior fixtures. All category C(S) listings were revised to category C on 3rd September 2012. This was a non-statutory change. All enquiries relating to proposed works to a listed building or its setting should be addressed to the local planning authority in the first instance. All other enquiries should be addressed to: Listing & Designed Landscapes Team, Historic Scotland, Room G.51, Longmore House, Salisbury Place, EDINBURGH, EH9 1SH. Tel: +44 (0)131 668 8701 / 8705. Fax: +44 (0)131 668 8765. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/historicandlistedbuildings.