TIBBERMORE PARISH CHURCH (Ref:18297)
This building is in the Perth And Kinross Council and the
It is a category B building and was listed on 05/10/1971.
Group Items: N/A,
Group Cat: N/A,
Map Ref: N/A.
1632, remodelled 1789 (evidently to designs by James
Stobie, E. aisle and middle gable removed, church
lengthened 10 feet, refenestrated, galleries E.&W. and
pulpit moved to central position on S. wall and W. porch
added); north T-plan aisle added 1808 by Ruthven
Printfield Coy for their servants, purchased by heritors
1835 following extensive repairs 1834. Refurnished 1874
to designs by William Maclaren of Sir George Condie
Conning & Co. Harled with margins, fine bellcote dated
1632 renovated 1808, S.W. skew crowstepped, 2 large
and 2 small windows S. wall, N. aisle rubble with droved
dressings and 3 good monuments on W. wall.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
O.S.A. V. XVII p 640.
N.S.A. V. X p 1036.
date of Ruthven Printfield aisle given as 1810. Hay Post
Refs. Chs. p 43, 168, 270. Heritors' Records. James
Stobie was the factor of the 4th Duke of Atholl and
practised as an architect and land-surveyor. The 1789
work was carried out by James Miller, Wright,
Auchterarder, and Andrew Paterson, mason, Dunning.
© Crown copyright, Historic Scotland. All rights reserved. Mapping information derived from Ordnance Survey digital mapping products under Licence No. 100017509 2012 . Data extracted from Scottish Ministers' Statutory List on . Listing applies equally to the whole building or structure at the address set out in bold at the top of the list entry. This includes both the exterior and the interior, whether or not they are mentioned in the 'Information Supplementary to the Statutory List'. Listed building consent is required for all internal and external works affecting the character of the building. The local planning authority is responsible for determining where listed building consent will be required and can also advise on issues of extent or "curtilage" of the listing, which may cover items remote from the main subject of the listing such as boundary walls, gates, gatepiers, ancillary buildings etc. or interior fixtures. All category C(S) listings were revised to category C on 3rd September 2012. This was a non-statutory change. All enquiries relating to proposed works to a listed building or its setting should be addressed to the local planning authority in the first instance. All other enquiries should be addressed to: Listing & Designed Landscapes Team, Historic Scotland, Room G.51, Longmore House, Salisbury Place, EDINBURGH, EH9 1SH. Tel: +44 (0)131 668 8701 / 8705. Fax: +44 (0)131 668 8765. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/historicandlistedbuildings.